Rigs of Rods is a truck simulator based on soft body physics.
Rigs of Rods is a truck simulator based on soft body physics. Rigs of Rods is a simulation game based on a custom advanced soft body physics engine. In a vast open world, you can drive trucks, control cranes and fly airplanes. The chassis and wheels deform according to the stress they bear, and crashes are interesting to see too! The linux version is still a release candidate under compatibility testing. The main issue is that it is compiled with a GCC 4.1.1 compiler, and there are many incompatible C++ ABI out there. So it will probably work on a gcc 4.1.1 system, and break on a gcc 3.4 or 3.6 system. I don't know if there is an easy fix to that. Be aware that upgrading your gcc may break badly your system if not done correctly, so do it at your own risk. Also, if you see the config box, but the game crashes, check the sanity of your GLX system first (test with another GLX program) because it breaks easily. It works with NVidia drivers, but I have not tested the ATI ones. Read the README.LINUX file for more important informations.
Что нового в этой версии?
· Boats, with a small wahoo, a Class 1 speedboat contributed by cdquicksilver, and a very large high sea tug, the Smit Rotterdam, that has a rollable platform.
· A new terrain, called "island", that is still under construction but that will soon replace the two classic RoR terrains, because they are not realistic islands.
· Infinite sea with waves. Take the Smit and sail far from the island: you will encounter high swells offshore. You can even configure the wave fields (see the datawavefield.cfg file).
· A separate configurator program. Now you must start the RoRconfig program first, to choose your configuration options, save them, then start RoR.
· Serious bugfixing: camera shaking has been dramatically reduced, and the "crash on plane crash" problem is mostly eliminated.
· Addition of the Challenger car contributed by hemicuda.
Смотреть всю историю изменений